Combining theory with active learning in a studio environment, our 3D animation course gives you the practical skills needed to start your career in the animation or games industry.
With more than 2000 active games and animation studios in the UK, has there ever been a better time to enter the British gaming industry and take part in a game design course? As part of our 3D design course module you'll gain the knowledge and space to develop as an artist working with 3D software. You'll cover the key areas within the industry: character art, environment art, character animation, rendering and dynamics, virtual reality design, Z-Brush sculpting, 3D printing and a host of others. All this builds your confidence and equips you for a career in the industry.
On our course you will develop as an artist working with 3D software. The course framework includes project based collaborations and integrated workshops that are designed to develop observational drawing and technological skills essential to 3D computer animation production and computer games. This interdisciplinary approach combines a critical arts education with specialist knowledge in 3D technology and workflows.
The following course-related costs are included in the fees:
- A free electronic textbook for every module
- All printing and copying required for your study
- Self-service laptops available for loan for a maximum of 24 hours
- Audio-visual equipment available for loan, including digital stills cameras, digital video recorders, digital audio recorders
The following course-related costs are not included in the fees, and you may be required to purchase these to complete the course. The costs are approximate and may change due to changes in pricing at the retailer:
- Compulsory visits to museums and galleries
- Optional field trips
- Additional books that you wish to purchase.