Visual communication through graphic design touches and shapes many aspects of modern life. From mobile apps and interactive posters to pop-up shows and global branding – graphic design is everywhere. Graphic design degrees prepare you for an exciting career that can take you on many diverse paths.
Our course embraces the recent advancements, developments, and changes undergone by the creative industries. You’ll be challenged to develop your own creative voice with guidance from our staff and support from state-of the-art facilities. You’ll have access to photographic studios, an extensive art and design library, dark rooms, workshops with technical support, and much more.
We have excellent industry links and many of our students undertake work placements at top design companies during the second year.
Project work will feature as part of your study from the first year to help you learn to communicate your ideas. You’ll do this through a series of problem-solving tasks in branding, typography, magazine design, editorial design, advertising, art direction, and plenty more. You’ll work on briefs that closely mirror the professional world, getting transferable experience from the very start.
The course-related costs are included in the fees:
- A free electronic textbook for every module
- All printing and copying required for your study.
- Self-service laptops available for loan for a maximum of 24 hours
- Audio-visual equipment available for loan, including digital stills cameras, digital video recorders, digital audio recorders.
The following course-related costs are not included in the fees, and you may be required to purchase these to complete the course. The costs are approximate and may change due to changes in pricing at the retailer:
- Your art materials, for example, a portfolio. (around £100 per year)
- Optional field trips (approx. £200)