Combine advanced theoretical study with practical training, developing the holistic skills required to further your career in cardiac rhythm management and electrophysiology.
This course is designed for healthcare practitioners, including physicians, nurses and physiologists, already working in the field of cardiology, particularly cardiac rhythm management and electrophysiology. Suitable for graduates who are interested in a research or an academic career, the course provides the knowledge and skills required for further study at doctoral level.
- The course provides students with a mastery of the fundamental principles and recent advances in electrophysiology and cardiac rhythm management.
- Industry-experienced tutors that are hands-on and supportive — all our teaching staff are involved in research and many are pioneers in their own field.
- Opportunity to undertake an independent research project under the guidance and supervision of an academic.
- Learn about the fundamental mechanisms underpinning the major pathological processes.
- Opportunity to develop your skills in state-of-the-art laboratories, including a clinical skills laboratory, all fitted out with professional standard equipment.
- Work-based experience can contribute towards the award.
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.