Applicants for the Secondary PGCE are required to have achieved the following prior to admission to the programme:
- An honours degree in a relevant subject, or a related subject with at least 50% relevant subject content.
- Grade B GCSE in English
- Grade B GCSE in Maths
Additional Entry Requirements:
- All PGCE students will complete a Digital Competence audit on enrolment and have digital competence training embedded into their PGCE programme of study.
- All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Applicants must not have been excluded from teaching or working with children nor be registered with the DBS as unfit for working with children or young persons.
- All applicants must meet the requirements of the Education Health Standards (Wales) confirming their health and physical capacity to teach.
Alternative English Language Qualifications:
- Swansea ELTS test (SWELT): 7.0
- INTO English Language Assessment: 185
- CaMLA - Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE): 650
- Euroexam @ C1 academic level: Distinction
- Completing the PGCE programme in the UK does not provide ‘Leave to Remain’ status to work as a teacher within the UK.
- Applicants should familiarise themselves with the UK Visa and Immigration Service regulations and requirements that apply to study and post-study in the UK.
- Successful completion of the Swansea University Schools Partnership Initial Teacher Education programme leads to (i) the award of a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and (ii) a recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status and registration with the Education Workforce Council for Wales.