On this unique, innovative and diverse course, you will gain the knowledge and skills across both fashion and textiles to become a multi-faceted, multi-skilled and innovative designer.
With advancements in technology and sustainability at the focus of the modern fashion and textile industries, our programme challenges you to innovate through a combination of traditional handcraft and digital design, creating sustainable and socially responsible ways of working.
This course has been designed with your future in mind. Your learning will be split equally between fashion and textile design and production so that you’ll graduate with a wide array of skills, opening up vast and varied employment opportunities across both fashion and textiles. Students will have the opportunity to learn skills across knit, weave, print, embroidery and embellishment, as well as learning to pattern cut and construct garments, producing fashion collections incorporating their own textiles.
We value the future of the fashion and textiles industries, as well as your place within it. That’s why we teach with a focus on sustainability and socially responsible design, encouraging you to be the change-maker of the future. You’ll be taught by specialist tutors and technicians who all continue to work in the fashion and textiles industries, providing invaluable professional links and insider knowledge.
The following course-related costs are included in the fees:
- A free electronic core textbook for every module
- All printing and copying required for your study.
- Self-service laptops available for loan for a maximum of 24 hours
- Audio-visual equipment available for loan, including digital stills cameras, digital video recorders, digital audio recorders
- Starter pack including thread machine feet treads, sketchbook and basic drawing materials etc.
- Pattern paper/machine threads/pattern card. Yarn, dyes, print binders and pigments
- Cotton for Screen Printing demonstrations
- Calico for pattern cutting and drawing workshop papers/collage material
- Portfolio and printing costs
- Year 2 Design project teaching materials including advanced textile demonstration materials Print, Knit and Weave.
- Year 3 Masterclass teaching materials
The following course-related costs are not included in the fees, and you may be required to purchase these to complete the course. The costs are approximate and may change due to changes in pricing at the retailer:
- Year 1 - from £50 on own fabric and yarn choices for 1 look collaboration
- Year 2 - from £100 on fabric and yarn choices
- Year 3 - from £200 for 3-6 look collection